19 Nov 2009

Earth fire and water

I'm getting quite into pottery at the moment spending Tuesday evenings up to my elbows in clay. Hunting around for awe-inspiring models and sources or unattainable inpsiration I came across the following potters who all do amazing things in terms of shape and colour.

My absolute favourite has to be Samantha Robinson , who tucked away in her studio down-under, produces these absolutely sublime pieces. I just melt at the delicacy of her work and the audacity of the mix of colours. Swoon...















In San Fransisco, Diana Fayt designs pieces of more earthy style, combining rough shapes with bold colours. I particularly like the stripey cup and saucer, which is sort of naive and yet cheeky. I also like the etched flowers on the vases - pretty!






And to finish, a Danish pair of potters

Meyerlavigne who play on our childhood associations of paper plates, or old-fashioned tea parties, to produce fine china of quite unique style and decoration. True originals.



No comments:

Post a Comment